Tuesday 5 January 2016

review | harry potter and the philosopher's stone illustrated by jim kay






Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Illustrated

If you know me, you'll know I'm a ridiculously huge Harry Potter fan. I've read the books countless times, and recently downloaded the audiobooks so I can enjoy it even with my eyes closed. So when I saw that Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was being re-released with gorgeous illustrations, I knew I needed it! Thankfully, my parents were kind enough to give it to me for Christmas, and it's just as beautiful as I thought it would be.

Despite it being an illustrated book, it's not overwhelming - some pages are full illustrations, whereas others are all text with some illustrations scattered throughout to break it up a little bit. The new edition brings back the same sense of excitement that was present the first time I read this book, and although it is an incredibly familiar story to me, it felt as though I was still looking forward to the next page and what it would bring - pretty much solely down to the illustrations.

Much to my delight, Scholastic and Bloomsbury have announced they plan to release a new illustrated edition each year, and I for one can not wait to see all of the books lined up on my bookshelf!

Have you seen the new illustrated Harry Potter? What did you think?

No comments :